Sunday, November 16, 2008

November

my new collar and trying on glasses




The Monday after my birthday I went to fla and then sonia met me in sannomiya and we went to the internet cafe for a little bit, had lunch, and saw this movie called Ichie which was in japanese, but not too difficult to understand because there was a lot of action. it was really good. Sonia spent a couple more days with me and then she went home on the 29th.

The next weekend I had 3 days off. On Sunday I spent the day in sannomiya. Early early i went to the internet cafe and did some doings on the computer and then i went to this little area called TOR road west where i like to go sometimes. it's a little like queen street but in more of a square shape. and in the middle there is this little park where i like to go sit sometimes except on this day there was a free market there. it was really cool there were all these people which i call kids in my head cause they looked like a bunch of art students or people around my age. and they had all this stuff (crafts i guess) that they had made spread out or tarps all laid out on the ground. alot of the stuff was really pretty and all the poeple were really nice. i blue and pink hair bow from a girl and she seemed really happy about it and took my picture. and i got a blue and purple collar from another girl who was really nice too and took my picture. i ate some orange and chocolate cookies some other people were selling and a chocolate scone from another lady. i went to this vintage jewlery store i like and the girls there were really nice and they talked to me in English and they said they liked my collar. when i told them i got it from the market they told me they made some skirts there and i bought a grey skirt with silver sequins on the bottem from one of them and i was her first customer ever which seemed pretty special. and i had to wait a while but there was this girl with a red jumper on and a red curly clown wig drawing peoples pictures and she drew mine. i love it. it makes me smile all the time. it's really colourful and she drew little fairies over my head. it looks like me all over. i'm smiling really big like i sometimes do and she drew the creases that i get in my cheeks and the way my nose gets all pointy. its wonderful. its my favorite thing i have bought in japan. it's my favorite thing i have from japan. i think i'll start collecting portraits from people drawing pictures on the street and stuff. i have one from one time when we went to New York but i don't think it looks like me as much it's too perfect... that kind artist made it with a fuzzy glow. i have it set up on my dresser and it's beautiful. the lady was really nice and she talked to me while she drew my picture and when she was done she gave me her business card and told me where she lived was really cool and to call her if i went there, so maybe i will. and the girl sitting next to her is a pastry chef... a patisserie maker??? and she said she really liked Canadian cakes which was quite cool... their impression of Canadian cakes was that they are very colourful and sweet which in lots of cases is pretty true i guess particularly compared to cakes in japan which are usually less sweet and more creamy and fluffy.
it was a good day.

Oh! and i bought a new book too... really i picked the thickest one i could find to last me through 'till i get home and i can go to the library again (although that didn't work out 'cause i'm already half way through and it's only been a week). the book is "Kafka on the Shore" by Haruki Murakami and it's really really good.

No comments: